Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wednesday, Dec. 8th

Liesel's 5th Birthday today. Happy Birthday, you little beauty!

A lot has happened since my last post. That's the name of the game in here though.

So, you were suppose to have surgery yesterday. Didn't happen. You wanna know why? Your little heart decided to stop for a couple of seconds! But you picked it back up on your own and freaked out everyone on the 8th floor in the process. Including your parents. They rest of the day your heart rate was low and so the surgical team decided it wouldn't be smart to put your little body through anything more. They did take you to the OR though. They re-dressed your belly wound and checked you out without being invasive and didn't see any more evidence of infection. They rescheduled you for Thursday surgery. You were put on some more aggressive antibiotics to try to continue clearing out infection.
All the "smarties" as the nurses call them or doctors huddled together to try to figure out why your heart would do what it did. No real answers.
So the day and night was filled with some worry and wonder and hopefully rest for you. I think you probably looked the most bloated and tight today. You looked like a marshmallow man.

I slept at home last night and left here about 7pm to take big kids home and get them ready for bed and then up in the morning. I didn't make it back here until 11:30 this morning. Those 16 hours did wonders for you kid! Your bloating and swelling has gone down a little. And another reason for cheer. . .you opened your eyes!!! Did you hear me yesterday? I think you must have, my little darling. I told you that you are my angel. You are helping me, even when you are in the depths of sickness, you are trying to comfort your Mommy! Thank you! Your hands and feet and lips and eyebrows are all wiggling. You are furrowing your brow like you used to and chewing on your air pipe. It has been such a joy. Yesterday was definitely a valley and today a peak. They assure us that you are still heavily medicated though. You won't remember any of this and you don't feel any pain or discomfort. So it works well. We get to see some life in you, but you are still comfortable. Good.
So, my little man. Keep it up. We are praying, we are waiting, we are loving you!

11 comments:

  1. This is so good to hear! William has been on my mind constantly, and my mom and I have been anxiously awaiting an update. I'm so glad it's a good one! We love you, Betsy!! We love your whole family and we know that this must be so hard, but please know that there are lots of people praying for you and your sweet little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We continue to pray. It's amazing how much a child who's not even one of your own can occupy your mind. I'm waiting to help. Food? Watching Lance during the days? Just let me know when you're ready. Thank you for letting us share in your miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying, and waiting, and loving him too! I am sorry for all your family is going through. You are constantly in our thoughts. We want that sweetheart back home where he belongs. We love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a dear little fighter you are William. The east coast fast has begun! Rest and know that your family loves you and Heavenly Father loves you too. Just keep swimming little man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. William, you are stronger than you ever thought you could be...just like your wonderful parents! Praying for you every hour. I just know you'll be home with your family soon kiddo. Hang in there. You are very loved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there, Betsy! We are praying, too. I'm so glad you had some good news today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww YAY for little miracles and tender mercies. That is wonderful he is wiggling around and opened his eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tender mercy of our Heavenly Father are always there. You are all in my thoughts and prayers throughout the day, every day. We love you, thanks for taking the time to keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What tender moment you had today, when he opened his eyes. i am so glad that today was a Peak and not in the valley. We will be sending many prayers for his surgery tomorrow :) Very scary about his little heart.. You must have been just beside yourself. Keep up your awesome posting, for will, it is truly a beautiful thing to read. Hugs... Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was anxious when I didn't hear back yesterday, but I figured you were exhausted and I decided to believe that no news was good news. I am ecstatic about the progress Will made today....time for a little happy dance! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can not believe all the ups and downs. I too am thinking of you all! Be sure to let Will know that there are many who love and pray for him. Way to go Will! I am going to call soon. Just answer when ever you can.

    ReplyDelete