Monday, December 6, 2010

Olivia

Olivia went to school today. I think she was lonely for you. But, her teacher emailed me and told me a little story that let me know she is well taken care of. Here is what she said:


She seemed mostly ok today, but definitely had some sad moments. She told the class what was going on and then asked kids if they would be extra nice to her today. She said she wanted to make sure she had kids to play with at recess, and they all raised their hands to say they would be happy to play with her. So she seemed well taken care of by her peers.


I think that is quite possibly the sweetest thing I have ever heard. Sweet children! If only we could all stay that honest and loving. Olivia's willingness to ask for help and her classmates willingness to offer help. Isn't that how it should be, with all of us? Remember that, I need to try too. It's okay to ask for help, especially when all the help you need is a little love and support. You may think someday that I give you too much, but too bad. I am your mother and will love you and support you forever. And I am planning on that forever to be a really long time :)
Also, let this be a reminder to you, litte Wi-wi-wum, that your Olivia loves you!

4 comments:

  1. Betsy,
    Only three weeks ago, my family enjoyed some delicious zucchini soup that you were so kind to bring to our house. I will help you however I can. With our so recent experience in the hospital, I am trying to think of wisdoms we gained that I can pass on to you. I will write with that soon. In the meantime, when you get a chance to go to the main cafeteria, there is a gift card waiting for you. I spoke to Walter Garcia (night manager) but if he's not there you should be able to pick it up at the office in the cafeteria just by giving them your name. I hope that makes your family's time at the hospital a little easier.
    Becca Cunningham (from Zumba)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This breaks my heart I am so sorry that Will is sick. I know its hard but thank you for keeping a journal so we can all stay up to date with his condition even though its more for him to go back and read someday. You all are in our prayers constantly and we are pleading for his recovery. I spoke with Janet already but I am willing to do ANYTHING I can to help. I would love to just come sit with you at the hospital and keep you company or run errands to the cafeteria which from what Becca said you are taken care of. I will probably call the hospital tomorrow because I cant find your phone number and we can go from there I am guessing though that his visitor policy is strict.
    Love you all so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsey -
    My heart just aches for you and your family at this time. How blessed we are to know that there are angels among us to carry us through these difficult times. It has been so sweet to listen to my children pray for your family. The unshakable faith that comes from these little ones is so strengthening. Jenna "told" Heavenly Father that Will needed the "scratches" off of his tummy so he can come to play group again. It was very sweet. I can only imagine that roller coaster of emotions that you must be going through. I hope that you can feel the tremendous love and support that is here for you. Your family is constantly in our prayers at this time. We love your family!
    Much love - Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Betsy,
    Hearing this story made me cry. It is so wonderful that Olivia was able to voice her needs today and so neat that she has such a caring group of classmates!

    Will is in our prayers, as well as the rest of your family. I am so grateful for the blessing that Mark was able to give William. Nothing could be a greater comfort through the ups and downs of this trial. It is wonderful to know that while it will be a long haul, we know that William will be alright. What an amazing gift your faith is for him! Thank you for letting me share in your miracle by adding my faith to yours ~ I love you!

    ReplyDelete