Wednesday, December 22, 2010

To My Sweet Olivia

Olivia,

I have been writing a lot to William, but I realized tonight that I haven't written anything to you. You have played a big part in this story and there are some things I want you to know and to remember.
First of all, I love you, my little Sugar Plum. You have been so strong and so courageous through all of this. I can tell it has been pretty hard for you. I see your sadness, frustration, concern, loneliness, and impatience. You've had to carry a lot. Helping to make sure whoever is doing the "Mommy" job is doing it right. Being kicked out of your room for almost 3 weeks now. Not having your family together. Not having Mommy come and volunteer in your classroom or come to your tap practices. I have hated not being there. I love you. I live for those moments with you. I find so much joy in watching you grow and learn and laugh. I miss you.
We had a good talk last night about everything. You seem okay. We talked about feeling sad and lonely. We talked about just feeling "flat" or "blah." Not wanting to do anything and not seeing much to be happy about. It's no fun feeling that way. I have felt that way too. But, thank goodness we have found some things to be happy about.
I am so proud of you. I am so grateful that you knew how to ask for help from your classmates at school. I love the way you pray for William and have the faith that your prayers will be heard. I love the way you prayed to be happy and found answers to that prayer too.
Always know you are loved. You are such an amazing example to all of us. Be happy and have courage to do the important things that are sometimes hard. Have faith that you can do it. Always know we are here for you.

I love you.

Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Oh Betsy,
    These letters to Lance and Olivia once again have the tears flowing down my cheeks. You are such a good Mommy. You are such a good friend. We are all so lucky to have you in our lives and grateful to share this journey with you. Thank you for letting us in. So much love heading your way every day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7.



























































































































    I love you Betsy, and it's easy to see that your sweet kids love you too. They will never forget this time, and it will make your family even closer.

    ReplyDelete