Monday, December 6, 2010

Saturday, December 4th

Day filled with a lot of information. We were told this is a marathon, not a sprint. You will be here for 2 to 4 weeks. They planned for another surgery to clean out your ab again and check everything out again. Not ready for that today. Grandma arrived at 4am and is with Lance and Olivia. They came to visit you. There is a social worker here, Kim, that talked to OJ(olivia june) and LB(lawrence benson) and prepped them to see you all tubed up. They did so well. They loved being able to see you and love you. Later when Olivia went home she said to Grandma "William is lucky, he gets to sleep in a room with a really nice view. All I see when I look out my window is bushes." What a sweetie! You do have a good view. This hospital is amazing. Pretty much built up on a hill. Looking out your window we see evergreens and ivy and hills and there is a Christmas tree with lights.
We are settling in for the long haul. Trying not to think about how we will do it, but that it will be done. When siblings were here they watched Meet the Robinsons. Such a sweet movie. Of course, I saw a parallel to all this. Lewis, the main character, is an orphan. All is wants is to meet his mother. He meets someone from the future that shows him what his life will become if he continues to work hard and "keep moving forward" instead of dwelling on the past. He will have a wonderful life and a large, loving family. Lewis wants to stay in the future, but he must return and walk the road that will lead him to his happy future. I find myself saying "keep moving forward." They say once you pull out of this there is only a 10 percent chance that you will ever have issues again. You will be happy and healthy and get on with your life. I know your future looks wonderful. I know we will get to that future. I just don't know how. But I have faith that it will all work out.
I love you, little dude! Be strong and know we love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment